And the 2018 design theme is…
This exciting theme applies both to inspiration as well as materials! Each release will detail the eco elements behind the inspiration and the materials. God uses so many different factors to inspire the designs He gives me. Sometimes it is the yarn itself, or the story of the indie dyer, but most often it is from a hike with CGDSJ, Puddles. I’ve kept my camera close these last few months to shoot those flashes of inspiration desiring to share more of the design process with you all!
More commonly identified when thinking about “eco elements” are the materials themselves. I’m branching out there too! Sadly, animal-fiber (for me) still isn’t doable. But if you are a test knitter, I’d love your animal-fiber feedback so I can start recommending options based on your experiences! Where I’m branching out is into the three R’s. But more on this to come.
Look for a notecard on each release blog checking off the “eco elements” in both categories!
Other exciting opportunities in this year of “eco elements”
– KALs / MKALs… in fact, with this bomb cyclone that hit the Eastern seaboard today, Puddles and I decided we needed an excuse for a little extra knitting time. We’ll be hosting the “Bomb Cyclone KAL” in the Knit Eco Chic group starting tomorrow!!! Stop by, knit with us, and win some super fun prizes!
– New Patterns! Last night I wrote a list of designs to publish this year… the list grew faster than I knew was humanly possible to execute in 12 short months, so I’ll analyze it over the next few days and prepare a fabulous selection to keep your 2018 stitching fun, fresh, and fabulous!
– Designer features… keeping the love of all things indie in mind, I’ve asked several of my favorite designers to engage in the blog by talking about themselves and their love of yarn!
– It’s an Olympics year, which means time for The Ravellenic Winter Games 2018! Puddles and I will be hosting a team with several of my co-indie designers. Stay tuned for more on that closer to February.
– 2018 is a year of change for me. Just prior to Christmas, my non-profit received certification from the IRS. So as that project develops I’ll be sharing more with you on the exciting new chapter that, Lord willing, will move Puddles and I to Maine!
Thanks for journeying with us in 2018. May all your knitting dreams be realized as we stitch through Eco Elements together!