Stitch together a delightful combination of textures in English Cottage Gardens. Stroll through the garden path of dip stitched blossoms and slip stitched fences. Relax and enjoy the elegance of English Cottage Garden while savoring the beauty of summer blooms.
The tech edited and test knit pattern is fully written and charted.
Small (Large): wingspan 62”/ 157.5cm (74”/ 188cm) by depth 11”/ 28cm (14”/ 35.5cm)
2 (3) skeins Eco-Stitch Sport, shown in Seaspray
Single skein info: Hand dyed 100% linen; 268yds/ 245m per 100g/ 3.53oz
Sample shown size Small
US 5/ 3.75mm circular needles (to accommodate stitches)
16 sts and 32 rows over 4”/ 10cm in flower pattern. Note: exact gauge is not critical to this design. Gauge variations may impact final size and yardage requirements.
• Construct It: a top-down crescent shaped shawl.
• Work It: the Butterfly Dip Stitch (bds) can be worked as a knit or purl, whatever is most comfortable for you! The glossary and photos show it worked as a knit. Consistency is what is important, not methodology.
• Watch It: check out the mini tutorials for 1/1 cables without a cable needle and bds on the Knit Eco Chic blog.
• Navigate It: written directions page 3, charted directions 4-5, Bind Off written and charted directions page 6.
• Genesis 1:11-12; John 15.