Beautiful textures in summer gardens inspired Floral Chic. From a distant glance, bold color blocking appears. As your eye is drawn closer, the stitches reveal intricate cabling textures with a peony and leaf design. Spring, Summer, and Fall, with multiple styles included, Floral Chic gives a joyful freshness to your day.
The tech edited and test knit pattern is fully written and charted. Pattern includes two styles of cowls! Check out the blog for the quick stitch demos.
Available exclusively in our 2022 “Slip and Rise” Pattern Club!
Pick up the Slip and Rise Pattern Club on Payhip, Ravelry, and Lovecrafts.
Reversible – 6”/ 15cm wide and 40”/ 101.5cm long
Single Sided – 24”/ 61cm around top and bottom and 23”/ 58.5cm around middle by 8”/ 20.5cm tall
4 skeins Eco-Stitch Sport, shown in colour names Pistachio, Lime, Magenta, and Vintage Rose
Single skein info: hand dyed 100% linen Sport; 268yds/ 245m per 100g/ 3.53oz
US 5/ 3.75mm circular needles with a spare DPN for grafting
1 stitch marker & 1 unique stitch marker
Spare US 5/ 3.75mm for grafting
Single Sided Only:
3 stitch markers & 1 unique stitch marker
20 sts and 35 rows over 4”/ 10cm in CA & CB section pattern stitch. Note: exact gauge is not critical to this design. Gauge variations may impact final size and yardage requirements.
- Stitch It: gauge is given in the leaf section. Due to the heavy cabling in the peony flower section, this area carries a different stitch gauge. Increases, decreases, and blocking are used to help mitigate the difference, which becomes unnoticeable on the Reversible version. The cool concave shape of the Single Sided design is a result of the gauge difference.
- Slip It: always slip as if to purl with yarn in back.
- Cable It: Floral Chic cowl features a medley of 1/1 cables. A cable needle is optional. You may choose to work the sts out of order without one. To delineate the 1/1 cables from each other, the stitches worked are included in the cable names. For instance, 1/1 LKSC knits the st from the working needle and slips the st from the cable needle.
- Graft It: though a provisional cast on is called for, if you are like me and hate undoing those, cast on with a cable cast on and follow this grafting live sts to the first row of stitches trick. Check out the blog here for the grafting and cabling video demonstrations.
- Yarn It: one set of 4 skeins makes both sizes or one 56”/ 142cm or one 64”/ 162.5cm Reversible cowl.
- 1 Peter 1:22-25.