Captivate knitters like bees to flowers, with exciting dip stitches and budding bobbles. From Wallflowers to Dahlias, be the buzz of the garden party in Garden Buzz. Watch as the flowers bloom with blocking in this easy rectangular wrap. As versatile as the array of flowers in the garden, style your Garden Buzz shawl to enhance your summer wear.
The tech edited and test knit easy (not beginner) level pattern is fully written and charted. 2 quick stitch tutorials accompany the design on the Knit Eco Chic blog.
Please note: price on knitCompanion is set by knitCompanion
60”/ 154.5cm (75”/ 190.5cm) long by 11.5”/ 29cm wide
2 (3) skeins DK weight yarn
Sample shown in LeRoo Cotton Organic Cotton DK, color Raspberry
Single skein info: 100% Hand dyed organic cotton, 246 yds/ 225m per 100g/ 3.52 oz
Sample size 60”/ 154.5cm shown
US 7/ 4.5mm needles
2 stitch markers (optional)
15 sts and 30 rows over 4”/ 10cm in pattern stitch. Note: exact gauge is not critical to this design. Gauge variations may impact final size and yardage requirements.
- Construct It: a biased rectangular wrap invites offset flowers to take flight.
- Customize It: for a longer shawl, work the Body Repeat more times. This will require an extra skein. For a shorter shawl, work the Body Repeat fewer times. Each pattern repeat is approximately 5”/ 12.5cm long.
- Edge It: if desired, use the two markers to denote the Garter edge stitches.
- Watch It:
- Bobble – check out how to speed up your bobbling by skipping the turning portion and working backwards instead on the Quick Stitch Tutorial on the Knit Eco Chic blog.
- Butterfly Dip Stitch (bds)
- Work It: the Butterfly Dip Stitch (bds) can be worked as a knit or purl, whatever is most comfortable for you! The glossary and photos show it worked as a knit. Consistency is what is important, not methodology.
- Navigate It: written directions pages 3-5, charted directions pages 6-end.
- Isaiah 66:13-14.