Lights, camera, action! With On the Silver Screen, you’ll take center stage as knitters’ “ooh” and “aah” over your skillful stitches. Beautiful cables and lace adorn the wrap tie while the Stockinette stitch body unveils surprise twisted stitches. From the Technicolor: Movie Night collaboration theme, the design highlights the transitional period in movies when black and white film upgraded to full color. The plot twist is finally revealed as the body of On the Silver Screen highlights the former, while the On the Set scarf boldly introduces color.
The tech edited and test knit advanced level pattern is fully written with the lace / cable section both written and charted. The pattern includes photo tutorials, schematics, diagrams, and a how-to video. Advanced level knitting as this completely seamless this design attaches the knit-separately scarf as you work from cast on to bind off!
Available exclusively in the Technicolor: Movie Night Multi-Designer Collection
Blocked Bust: 32”/ 81.5cm (34”/ 86.5cm, 36”/ 91.5cm, 38”/ 96.5cm, 40”/ 101.5cm, 42”/ 106.5cm, 46”/ 117cm, 50”/ 127cm)
Blocked Length: 19.75”/ 50.5cm (20.75”/ 52.5cm, 21”/ 53.5cm, 20.75”/ 52.5cm, 21.25”/ 54cm, 20.5”/ 52cm, 21”/ 53.5cm, 22”/ 56cm)
On the Set Scarf (or wrap tie substitute): 2 (2, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3, 3) skeins Malabrigo Mora, shown in color Sabiduria
Sleeveless: 3 (4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 5, 5) skeins Malabrigo Mora, shown in color Plomo
Long Sleeve: 5 (5, 5, 6, 6, 6, 6, 7)skeins Malabrigo Mora, shown in color Plomo
Mora single skein info: 100% silk Fingering; 225yds/ 206m per 50g/ 1.76oz
US 5/ 3.75mm DPNs
US 5/ 3.75mm circular needles
US 7/ 4.5mm DPN (1) *see special notes
24 sts and 29 rows over 4”/ 10cm in Stockinette stitch on smaller needle.
- Swatch It: make sure to swatch a large stockinette section, wash, dry, and hang before taking your gauge. 100% silk has a tendency to relax and grow.
- Construct It: constructed top down with a modification of “Lindsay’s Disappearing Cast On (TM)” method. This cast on trick creates a stabilizing seam without the need for finishing work. Note: using a long tail cast on for the back and front separately and seaming at the end may be substituted if desired.
- Join It: the scarf is joined seamlessly as you work. The scarf is edged by slipped stitches. Unless otherwise indicated work 1 join st into 1 of the scarf’s edge slipped sts sets (both loops). On the next join, move to the next slipped stitch. Joining directions are highlighted by an asterisk (*).
- Substitute It: if subbing yarn, the “If subbing yarn” directions are a measurement conversion of the rows / rnds immediately preceding it. Measure along the arm edge of the shoulders.
- Hem It: check out the Knit Eco Chic video blog, Quick Stitch Tutorials, for a visual demonstration of this cool mock 3-needle bind off hemming trick.
- Pattern navigation: written directions pages 4-8, blocking schematic page 9, photo tutorials pages 10-15.
- Matthew 5:14-16
Reels for On the Silver Screen
https://www.instagram.com/p/CzY7xoKrUoL/ – slipping trick for seamless join
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cnmqf-djU6n/ – mock 3 needle bind off pt 1
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CnmsOaEDiFd/ – mock 3 needle bind off pt 2
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cgh4V_SJZ6d/ – starting an I-cord bind off (for On the Set)