The final blog of 2016! I am shocked and amazed that 51 Thursdays have passed us by already – what a wild ride “Texture” has been.
To borrow a bird watching term, 2016 has definitely been “A Big Year” for Knit Eco Chic:
* 1819 (see below update) pattern releases thus far… I still have 2 more days before that strike of midnight
* The Lagoon Shallows KAL featuring Eco Stitch’s Hand Dyed linen yarn
* A brand new website (after an epic crash and burn of the last one)
* A brand new logo to parley with the website
* My 50th pattern release and Ravelry party
* Many fun additions of ways to interact – I joined Instagram; the annoucement of the brand ambassador program, which enabled Solar Flare to “hit” the runway at TNNA – thanks Erin; the revelation of this year’s sharing “partners” – the Craig family & people of Papua New Guinea
* The Oceanic MKAL featuring The Unique Sheep’s Organic Cotton & Bamboo Yarn Fingering
* Pattern style expansion to accommodate substituting yarns of different row gauge
* And last, but certainly not least, the 4th annual Indie Designer Gift-a-long, which you can still join
“Texture” was the cornerstone to this year’s 18 releases from cables to drop stitches to garter to lace in fingering through bulky weight eco yarns. Fabric that feels, whether inherently from the fiber or implemented through the stitch combination, goal was to excite your tactile senses through this year’s catalog of designs.
Thank you kindly for your support this year!
December 31st update – published 1 more, so 19 for the year! The companion piece to 5678 cowl, Vegan Woolies (hat), made it in just under the wire for the year of Texture