A summer staple, Sarsaparilla Tank integrates a lace detail inspired by the sassafras flower into a seamless knit fitted design. Use the custom shaping calculator, an interactive PDF debuting with this design, to get your perfect fit! Look your best and stay cool in the light weight organic linen regardless of where your hot summer daily activities take you; whether it’d be hiking waterfalls or chasing after kiddies. Summer knitting is calling!
The tech edited & test knit intermediate level pattern includes written directions with the lace fully written and fully charted for 12 sizes. The pattern also includes a schematic and how to video.
For Bust Sizes: 32”/ 81cm (34”/ 86cm, 36”/ 91.5cm, 38”/ 96.5cm, 40”/ 101.5cm, 42”/ 106.5cm, 44”/ 112cm, 46”/ 117cm, 48”/ 122cm, 50”/ 127cm, 52”/ 132cm, 54”/ 137cm).
4 (4, 4, 4, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 6, 6, 6) skeins Quince & Co. Sparrow 100% organic linen – birch shown
168 yards/ 154 meters, 50 grams/ 1.76 ounces
US 3/ 3.25mm circular needles
US 3/ 3.25mm DPNs or scrap yarn
Stitch markers (4)
D/ 3.25mm crochet hook for finishing
24 sts and 36 rows over 4”/ 10cm using US 3/ 3.25mm needles in Stockinette Stitch.
- This pattern is worked seamlessly from the bottom up worked in Stockinette stitch with a lace detail. At the underarms, the garment is split in two parts, back and front, with the lace detail continuing up the front.
- If substituting fiber, reduce or skip the shoulder short rows and work even until desired length. They are included to accommodate the unique drape characteristics of 100% linen.
- See “Inside the Self-Hemming Cast On” on the Knit Eco Chic blog for a video demonstration of the technique.
- DUE TO CORRUPTION OF THE CODE BY ADOBE UPDATES, the “Custom Shaping Calculator” is no longer available.
- And speaking of hikes to waterfalls, check out the Pinterest Board with my hiking pictures
Follow Knit Eco Chic’s board Moments Along the Trail… on Pinterest.